Do you have a sweet tooth? Are you a fan of coconut? If so, you are going to love this recipe for a delicious coconut three milk cake. This cake is soft, moist, and full of flavor, thanks to the combination of evaporated milk, condensed milk, and coconut milk. The best part? It’s easy to make and requires only a few ingredients.
To make this scrumptious coconut three milk cake, you’ll need the following ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup evaporated milk
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract.
Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, and evaporated milk.
When the cake is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes
Using a fork, poke holes all over the cake. Pour the three milk mixture over the cake, making sure to pour slowly and evenly.
Allow the cake to cool completely, then refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
Serve the cake chilled and garnish with shredded coconut, if desired.
Why is it called Three Milk Cake?
The name “Tres Leches” means “three milks” in Spanish, which refers to the three types of milk used in this cake: evaporated milk, condensed milk, and regular milk. The combination of these three milks creates a rich, creamy texture that’s unique to this cake.
The origins of Tres Leches cake are unclear, but it’s believed to have originated in Central or South America, and it has since become a popular dessert in many Latin American countries and beyond.
Tips for Making the Perfect Coconut Three Milk Cake
- Make sure to use high-quality coconut milk to get the best flavor. Look for brands that have a high percentage of coconut extract.
- When making the cake batter, be careful not to overmix the ingredients. Overmixing can lead to a tough, dense cake.
- When pouring the three milk mixture over the cake, make sure to pour slowly and evenly to ensure that the cake absorbs all the liquid.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least an hour, but preferably overnight, to allow the cake to fully absorb the milk mixture and become extra moist and flavorful.
- Garnish the cake with shredded coconut or fresh fruit for a pop of color and added texture.
Variations on the Classic Three Milk Cake
While the classic Coconut Three Milk Cake is delicious on its own, there are many variations that you can try to add some variety to your dessert spread. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
Chocolate Three Milk Cake: For all the chocolate lovers out there, try adding cocoa powder to the cake batter to create a rich and decadent Chocolate Three Milk Cake. Top it off with whipped cream and chocolate shavings for an extra special treat.
Strawberry Three Milk Cake: Add some fresh or frozen strawberries to the cake batter or use them to top the cake for a fruity twist on the classic dessert. You could also use other fruits like peaches, raspberries, or blueberries to mix things up.
Dulce de Leche Three Milk Cake: Add some dulce de leche to the milk mixture for a caramel flavor that will take your Coconut Three Milk Cake to the next level. Drizzle some extra dulce de leche on top for a beautiful and delicious finish.
Mango Three Milk Cake: For a tropical twist, add some pureed mango to the milk mixture and top the cake with fresh mango slices. This variation is perfect for a summer gathering or a beach-themed party.
How to Make Arroz Con Leche to Pair with Three Milk Cake
If you’re looking to add another traditional Latin American dessert to your menu, consider making Arroz Con Leche to pair with your Coconut Three Milk Cake. Arroz Con Leche is a sweet, creamy rice pudding that’s popular in many Latin American countries. It’s made with rice, milk, sugar, and cinnamon, and it’s easy to make at home using this recipe: How to make arroz con leche
The Benefits of Coconut Milk
Coconut milk is a versatile and flavorful ingredient that’s used in many different types of cuisine, particularly in Latin American, Asian, and Indian dishes. Here are some of the benefits of using coconut milk in your cooking:
- Rich in Nutrients: Coconut milk is packed with vitamins and minerals, including iron, magnesium, potassium, and zinc.
- Dairy-Free: Coconut milk is a great alternative to dairy milk for people who are lactose intolerant or have a dairy allergy.
- Creamy and Flavorful: Coconut milk has a rich, creamy texture and a distinct, slightly sweet flavor that adds depth and complexity to dishes.
- Heart-Healthy: Some studies suggest that coconut milk may help improve cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Coconut milk contains lauric acid, which has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties.
The Coconut Three Milk Cake is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that’s perfect for any occasion. The combination of evaporated milk, condensed milk, and coconut milk creates a rich and creamy texture that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
By following these tips and variations, you can make this classic recipe your own and impress your guests with your baking skills. So go ahead and give it a try